The Board shall have the sole discretion to identify, through the Annual Pupil Accommodation Report, school buildings and sites suitable and available for community partnerships, as well as future capital projects that may present an opportunity for co-building with community partners.
Multi-Year Accommodation Report 2017-19
After reviewing both the Board’s B.F.01 Community Planning and Facility Partnerships Policy and Procedure, interested parties are required to complete and submit the Application for Interest for Community and Facility Partnerships form by mail or email to the Office of the Director of Education for consideration.
Community Planning and Facility Partnerships Application Form
Please submit your proposal to:
Director of Education
90 Mulberry Street
P.O. Box 2012
Hamilton ON L8N 3R9
Attention: Planning & Assessment Department
The Board will consider, and at its sole discretion determine the eligibility of applicants to become potential partners. Where available space or co-build partnerships have been identified, the following principles will be the primary considerations when reviewing suitable facility partnerships:
Cost Neutral Approach
- Respect the values of the Hamilton- Wentworth Catholic District School Board and Catholic faith;
- Protect the achievement and health and safety of students and staff;
- Partnership must be appropriate for the school setting and not interfere with school/ Board operations and activities;
- Maximize the use of excess school space;
- Improve services, programs and supports available to students;
- Reduce facility operating costs for the Board;
- Operation and maintenance of the space will be carried out on a cost recovery basis;
- Partnerships will not prevent the Board from building, renovating, and/ or closing schools or from disposing of surplus assets when required.
No additional costs should be incurred by the Board to support facility partnerships. Fees will be charged to partners to cover operating costs, capital costs, administrative costs and property taxes (if applicable), for the space occupied by the partner. This will be done on a cost-recovery basis. These fees may also cover legal expenses if deemed necessary.
In co-building, facility partners will be required to pay for and finance their share of construction, including a proportional share of joint-use or shared space.
Additional costs to obtain municipal approvals, perform renovations to protect student safety, provide appropriate washrooms, and otherwise make the space suitable for use by facility partners will be borne by the partner.