Information for parents/guardians regarding prevalent medical conditions
In alignment with Policy/Program Memorandum No. 161 Supporting Children and Student with Prevalent Medical Conditions (anaphylaxis, asthma, diabetes, and epilepsy) in Schools, parents/guardians are encouraged to visit the board website to access:
- board policies;
- roles and responsibilities;
- annual parent(s)/guardians request and consent for intervention forms; and,
- physician authorization forms. Physician authorization forms are for completion only if medical information is new or if there are changes.
Parent(s)/guardians are asked to:
- become familiar with the parental responsibilities;
- inform the school principal of medical conditions on an annual basis through the request and consent for intervention form; and,
- participate in the co-creation of the Individual Plan of Care on an annual basis.
Policies can be accessed through the following link: https://www.hwcdsb.ca/board/policies/
Roles and forms can be accessed below: